Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Three weeks stuffed into one post

So,
since we have had Miss Emma at home she has:

  1. swallowed a 1.25 inch pin and coughed it back up.
  2. jumped off a picnic table with no warning.
  3. been chomped on by Sidney too many times to count
  4. increased the size of her 'pile'
  5. been spanked (yes, spanked!)
  6. fallen down 8 steps
  7. found a battery
  8. played with almost every ball of yarn I have
  9. claimed every toy AND bone Sidney ever had
  10. tried my patience more times than I care to count
  11. been attacked by a mouse trap
  12. been in two major fights with Sidney (real fights, caused by her)
Okay.

1. I had a Remembrance Day poppy that she somehow got hold of. I saw her with it and saw that she had the pin and the centre out and was chewing on it. I walked up to her casually to get it back from her and just as I reached for it, GULP. All I saw was dollar bills, surgery, loss of life, and sorrow. Luckily she coughed and had the pin in her mouth again. I was able to get it, and breathed a sigh of relief. This all happened just as I was getting ready to leave for work. Talk about being stressed.


2. Hubby had taken her for a walk at the park and was petting her on the table when she decided to jump with no warning. Fall of about three feet onto the back of her neck. She yelped like someone had tried to kill her and then was limping. She recovered from that in about 2 minutes. She DID learn not to jump off things though. She reaches down with her front legs as far as she can now, then decides whether to try it.

3. She just will NOT leave him alone. She steals everything he has. She shoves him out of the water dish, even when she has just had a drink. She is one little snot. Anyway Cesar says to wear her out, THEN introduce her to Sidney. That way some of the puppiness will subside a little and give him a chance. Wear her out!!!!??? I'll need a team of people with good arms to keep throwing the ball until she's dragging.

4. From the get go, she started a pile of things she has claimed. It contains at any given time: at least one shoe, a tiger with a squeaker (formally Sidney's), a goose, a duck, a chicken, four balls, a crumpled piece of paper, a jar lid, three small, empty yogurt containers, a toilet roll tube, a paper towel tube, a rag, five or six bones, two large pieces of rawhide, three small pieces of rawhide, two rawhide bones, three rawhide tubes with some kind of stuffing in them, six beef ribs, a teddy bear, a goose with a squeaker. (this is all from memory. When I go downstairs again, I'll take inventory.)

5. The first week or two she was very nippy. She still is a little but the spanking helped somewhat. She had been nipping at hands and I kept telling her 'no'. So she started on my leg. At that point I picked her up and asked her what her problem was, when she bit me on the chin. THAT was IT. I actually put her on my knee and spanked her about four times saying 'don't bite' several times. I then put her down and she sat across the room looking at me. There is nothing but intelligence in those eyes. She actually got the message.
Score:
Emma - 2,973, me - 1

6. She mastered steps within two days, and we have a lot of them in the house. 15 to the second floor and 13 to the third level. She was rushing, trying to pass me one evening and I heard the tumble. She did not get hurt, other than her feelings, but she HAS learned to follow me rather than try to rush past.

I'll finish the rest of them in a day or two.

Its a darn good thing she is so freaking cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment