Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hooray ! ! ! ! ! !

We decided to have Emma spayed and take the chance that she might not make it. We were going to have to find out at some time and I didn't want to face complications from her not being spayed.

Anyway, it was going to be a question of whether she would make it or not. I dropped her off at 8:45 and had paper work to do. Then I had some time to kill because they don't start doing surgery until around 11.

They were thinking of doing Emma first so they had all day to watch her. I had some errands to do, so I told them I would be home by noon.

I was only in the door for about 15 minutes when they called to say she was sitting up and they were keeping fluids running until they were sure all the anesthetic was gone. She appeared to be fine.

Boy, for being such a pain in the arse for a few months I sure would have missed that little dog. It was SO QUIET around here tonight. Nobody shoving a dog, rabbit, frisbee, carrot, snake, bear, slipper, bear, tiger, bone, lion, bear, squeaky ball, tennis ball, knitted ball, bear, alligator, shark, bone, water bottle, ball of yarn, slipper, or turtle in your lap for hours on end. No one lying under your feet when you're trying to sit in the chair. No one beating up on poor Sidney. No one hanging around thinking that if she's cute enough you'll give her something from your plate.

Can't wait to see her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment